In the privacy of your own living room with a bottle of wine and pint of ice cream to yourself, we all know it’s easy to act like a monster and devour both in 10 minutes. But nothing is worse than looking like a fool in public. We don’t want that to be you at Kirkland Uncorked. Here’s 9 Wine Etiquette Habits to know before arriving:
- Hold your glass by the stem or the base.
- Smell your wine. Sniff it. Taste it. Think about it. Be it.
- Drink from the same position on your wine glass to reduce ugly mouth marks (especially women with lipstick).
- When opening a bottle, channel your inner ninja. Open the bottle slowly and quietly.
- When “cheers-ing” your friends, look your clinking-buddy in the eye.
- When pouring wine, hold the bottle towards the base, rather than the neck of the bottle.
- Fill your glass LESS than half way up the glass. Your wine needs to breathe, and after a few glasses we still want you breathing too.
- You may be thirsty, but don’t ever chug your wine. Try to keep what is left in your glass about the same as those around you.
- Wine is always better enjoyed with company. Offer wine to others before pouring seconds for yourself.